South Lane County Fire & Rescue invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Pay range $4998-$6247 per month
Minimum qualifications include:
1. High school graduate or equivalent;
2. Possess or have the ability to obtain Class C, Oregon driver’s license;
3. Oregon Paramedic certification at time of hire or by end of the twelve-month probationary period.
4. Certified/Current NFPA FF-1
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours of college level courses, with specific courses related to the fire service.
2. NFPA Driver/Pump Operator accreditation
3. Wild land Suppression training (S-130, S-190 )
4. Associate Degree in Fire Science, EMS or related field.
Submit South Lane County Fire & Rescue application and copies of minimum certifications, by 5:00 PM January 19, 2018. Qualified applicants will be selected to participate in a written, skill and physical agility testing process and interview. Qualified candidates will be notified of testing dates. Tentative dates are scheduled for February 2-3, 2018 (subject to change).
Testing process will involve:
1. Skill Evaluation (firefighting and medical)
2. Physical Agility
3. Oral Interviews
Essentials of Firefighting (6th edition)
2015 AHA (Guidelines for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation)
National Registry Paramedic Curriculum
AHA: ACLS, PHTLS, PALS
Contact the South Lane County Fire & Rescue Business Office @ 233 E. Harrison Avenue, Cottage Grove, OR 97424; Telephone (541) 942-4493.
CLOSING DATE: Applications must be received by the Fire District Business Office no later than 5:00 pm, January 19, 2018 to be considered.
FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Additional information included in the Announcement attachment below.