South Lane County Fire & Rescue is currently accepting applications for position of Fire Chief.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted until April 25th, 2014 at 5pm.
Projected new Chief start date on or about June 9th, 2014.
The Fire Chief serves as the Chief Executive Officer under the general supervision of the board
and is responsible for all aspects of the District’s fire and emergency medical service operations,
planning, logistics and finances
Salary: $80,000 TO 115,000 DOQ
1. Bachelors or Associates degree in fire administration, public administration, or other closely related field or a satisfactory combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the above described duties.
2. Seven (7) years full-time experience with a paid or combined paid/volunteer fire department. At least three (3) years supervisory and administrative experience in a managerial and command position of Captain or higher, or a satisfactory combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the above described duties.
3. Valid Oregon Driver's license, insurable by District’s carrier.
4. EMT Basic
1. Bachelors Degree in fire administration, public administration, or other
closely related field.
2. Proven experience in interagency coordination with other structural and
wildland protection agencies.
3. Proven experience working with special districts and municipal
4. Paramedic or previously held Paramedic rating.
Please see files attached below for aditional information regarding the open position of Fire Chief.
For information regarding volunteering, please visit our "volunteer opportunities" page.