South Lane County Fire & Rescue is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic.
Applicants must submit application and copies of minimum certifications by 5:00 PM July 8th, 2016.
APPLICANTS MUST BE CERTIFIED OREGON PARAMEDICS AT TIME OF HIRE
Minimum qualifications include:
1. High school graduate or equivalent;
2. Possess or have the ability to obtain Class C, Oregon driver’s license;
3. Oregon Paramedic certification at time of hire.
4. Certified / Current NFPA FF-1
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours of college level courses, with specific courses related to the fire service.
2. NFPA Driver / Pump Operator accreditation
3. Wildland Suppression training (S-130, S-190 )
4. Associate Degree in Fire Science
Qualified applicants will be selected to participate in a testing process including a written test, skill and physical agility testing, and interviews. Qualified candidates will be notified of testing dates. Tentative dates are July 22-24 2016.
Testing process will involve:
1. Skill Evaluation (firefighting and medical)
2. Physical Agility
3. Oral Interviews
Essentials of Firefighting (6th edition)
2015 AHA (Guidelines for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation)
AHA: ACLS, PHTLS, PALS
Additional information and application available below. Applicants can also contact the South Lane County Fire & Rescue Business Office @ 233 E. Harrison Avenue, Cottage Grove, OR 97424; Telephone (541) 942-4493.
FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED