South Lane County Fire & Rescue is currently inviting qualified applicants to apply for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic.
Pay Range: $4400-$5500 per month (Not including education/longevity incentive pay)
APPLICANTS MUST BE CERTIFIED OREGON PARAMEDICS AT TIME OF HIRE
Minimum Qualifications Include:
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Possess or have the ability to obtain Class C, Oregon driver’s license
3. Oregon Paramedic certification at time of hire
4. Certified/Current NFPA FF-1
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Completion of a minimum of 15 credit hours of college level courses, with specific courses related to the fire service.
2. NFPA Driver/Pump Operator accreditation
3. Wild land Suppression training (S-130, S-190 )
4. Associate Degree in Fire Science
Submit South Lane County Fire & Rescue application and copies of minimum certifications, by 5:00 PM March 20th, 2015. Qualified applicants will be selected to participate in a written, skill and physical agility testing process and interview. Selected candidates will be notified of testing dates to occur April, 2015
1. Written Examination
2. Skill Evaluation (firefighting and medical)
3. Physical Agility
4. Oral Interviews
Essentials of Firefighting (6th edition)
2010 AHA (Guidelines for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation)
ACLS, PHTLS, PEPP
Contact the South Lane County Fire & Rescue Business Office @ 233 E. Harrison Avenue, Cottage Grove, OR 97424; Telephone (541) 942-4493.
Or print and complete applications linked below. Please return applications to the above address.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by the Fire District Business Office no later than 5:00 pm, March 20th, 2015 to be considered.
For information regarding volunteering, please visit our "volunteer opportunities" page.