- The ambulance service area (ASA) covers an area of about 800 square miles which includes the fire district.
- In 2011, the District responded to nearly 2,978 emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- 2,600 were EMS related and the remaining 378 were Fire/ Misc.
- 671 (26%) calls for service were located in the Station 2-3 (Creswell) reponse area.
- 1932 calls for service were located in the Station 2-1 (Cottage Grove) response area.
- Of the ambulance calls, approximately 77% of patients are transported
- 85% of patients are transported to Eugene or Springfield hospitals and the remaining 15% to Cottage Grove Hospital.
South Lane County Fire and Rescue relies heavily on the utilization of professional volunteers who respond in conjuction with career staff to emergency scenes. For information regarding volunteer opportunites please visit our "Volunteer Opportunities" page.