SLCFR 2020 FIRE SEASON RESTRICTIONS REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION
EFFECTIVE 12:01a.m. PDT, June 16, 2020
In accordance with ORS 478.960, I hereby proclaim the following fire restrictions are in effect until such time as it is deemed safe to remove them, or if not specifically removed in writing by the Fire Chief of SLCFR, when, and on such date and time, as LRAPA declares the legal start of open burning in Lane County:
The following restrictions apply within the City of Cottage Grove, City of Creswell, and any lands within the SLCFR District boundaries, not protected by the Western or Eastern Lane Districts of ODF.
- Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads, in boats on the water, and other designated locations.
- Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at locations where fire pits are present. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed. Briquette use is allowed in barbeques, but is restricted to use on hard, non-flammable surfaces such as patios, driveways, gravel, or green irrigated lawns.
- Power saw use is permitted all day during low fire danger (GREEN) before 1:00 p.m. and after 8 p.m. during moderate fire danger (BLUE) and before 10 a.m. and after 8 p.m. during high fire danger (YELLOW) The use of power saws is prohibited during extreme fire danger (RED) Each power saw is required to have one shovel and one fire extinguisher of at least 8 ounce capacity. A Firewatch of at least one hour is required following the use of each saw.
- Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is permitted all day during low fire danger (GREEN) before 1:00 p.m. and after 8 p.m. during moderate fire danger (BLUE)before 10 a.m. and after 8 p.m. during high fire danger (YELLOW) as long as it is conducted in a cleared area and has a charged garden hose or one 2 1/2 pound or larger fire extinguisher immediately available. This activity is prohibited during extreme fire danger (RED)
- The mowing of dried, cured grass is permitted all day during low fire danger (GREEN) before 1:00 p.m. and after 8 p.m. during moderate fire danger (BLUE) before 10 a.m. and after 8 p.m. during high fire danger (YELLOW)and is prohibited during extreme fire danger (RED) The culture and harvest of agricultural crops is exempt from this requirement.
- Motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, are only allowed on improved roads free of flammable vegetation, except for the culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
- Use of illegal fireworks is prohibited at all times, and in any location within the District. Legal firework use is permitted in areas free of dried, cured grasses, brush, or trees unless prohibited in areas jointly protected by SLCFR and the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF). Generally, and where permitted, firework use is only permitted on asphalt, concrete, or gravel and a charged garden hose or one 2 1/2 pound or larger fire extinguisher is immediately available.
Fire Danger Adjective Class is as follows:
Low= Green: Activity permitted all day
Moderate= Blue: Activity permitted until 1:00 p.m. and after 8:00 p.m.
High= Yellow: Activity permitted until 10:00 a.m. and after 8:00 p.m.
Red= Extreme: Activity prohibited
The Fire Chief or an authorized representative of SLCFR may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the SLCFR Fire Chief or an authorized representative.
South Lane Fire and Rescue June 16, 2020