South Lane County Fire and Rescue News Blog
Contractors are invited to bid on the Training Yard Repaving Project (Project) for South Lane County Fire & Rescue (District). The Project consists of repaving the District’s Training Yard (21,000 square feet) located at 233 E. Harrison Avenue. Sealed bids will be received by John Wooten, Fire Chief at 233 E. Harrison, Cottage Grove, OR 97424 at or before 5:00 p.m., October, 17, 2019. Bids will be publicly opened immediately following this closing.
This contract is for a public work subject to ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870, relating to the payment of prevailing wages....
South Lane County Fire & Rescue invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Minimum qualifications include:
1. 18 years old
2. High school graduate or equivalent
3. Class C driver’s license or other state equivalent
4. Certified as an Oregon Paramedic at time of hire
5. NFPA Firefighter I or equivalent
Additional preferred qualifications:
1. Associate Degree in Fire Science, EMS, or related field.
2. NFPA Driver/Pump Operator accreditation
3. Wildland Type II Firefighter
1. Written “Fire Teams Test” results with completed Personnel History Questionnaire (PHQ), by September 16th, 2019
2. Physical Agility (to be requested at a later date)
3. Assessment Center (firefighting and medical)
4. Panel Interview
5. Fire Chief Interview
Closing date: Applications with written test results and Personnel History Questionnaire via NTN must be received by no later than 5:00 pm, September 16th, 2019 to be considered. Qualified applicants will be selected and notified of the next steps of the hiring process.
*Applications missing the Personnel History Questionnaire will NOT be accepted.
For more information including salary, benefits, and how to apply please click HERE