South Lane County Fire and Rescue News Blog
SLCFR Begins hiring process for Firefighter Paramedic
South Lane County Fire & Rescue invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
Minimum qualifications include:
1. 18 years old
2. High school graduate or equivalent
3. Class C driver’s license or other state equivalent
4. Certified as an Oregon Paramedic at time of hire
5. NFPA Firefighter I or equivalent
Additional preferred qualifications:
1. Associate Degree in Fire Science, EMS, or related field.
2. NFPA Driver/Pump Operator accreditation
3. Wildland Type II Firefighter
1. Written “Fire Teams Test” results with completed Personnel History Questionnaire (PHQ), by September 16th, 2019
2. Physical Agility (to be requested at a later date)
3. Assessment Center (firefighting and medical)
4. Panel Interview
5. Fire Chief Interview
Closing date: Applications with written test results and Personnel History Questionnaire via NTN must be received by no later than 5:00 pm, September 16th, 2019 to be considered. Qualified applicants will be selected and notified of the next steps of the hiring process.
*Applications missing the Personnel History Questionnaire will NOT be accepted.
For more information including salary, benefits, and how to apply please click HERE