South Lane County Fire and Rescue News Blog
PUBLIC NOTICE 9-21-20
Public Notice- 9-21-20
SLCFR Board Meeting Actions
The SLCFR Board held a regular business meeting on 9-17-20. The meeting was intended to be live streamed on the internet and in addition a call in line was available. The attempt to live stream was hampered by technical difficulties so the Board delayed the start of the meeting while an email was sent to those who requested notification to call in on the provided number due to the technical difficulties. The District had its IT provider onsite but they were unable to resolve the technical issue with the live stream. Due to this unforeseen technical issue the Board has directed the “Draft-Unapproved” minutes of the meeting be made available on the District’s web page and to those interested parties requesting them as soon as they are transcribed. Below is a summary of the Board’s actions.
- Approve Resolution 20-13 authorizing payment to Knife River Corporation-Northwest in the amount of $134,011.45 for the training yard paving project at Station 201.
- The Board will update its Public Notification Policy to reflect the current requirements of ORS 192.640.
- The Board elected Cheryl Shannon as Board Chair, Dan Duffy as Vice Chair, Tom Monroe as Secretary Treasurer. The policy will no longer designate print media as the sole source of advertising.
- The Board accepted the Resignation of Jennifer Radcliffe.
- The Board tabled discussion on the vacant Board position pending a report from the Chief on filling the vacancy due to the length of the term. The Chief will contact the County elections department and report back to the Board.
- Personnel assigned to the Holiday Farm Fire have returned except for Division Chief Raade who remains assigned with the OSFM Incident Management Team. The District had six personnel and four vehicles assigned to the fire.
- The new ambulance will not be delivered until December now. It was originally slated for delivery the month.
- The District should be receiving the new brush truck chassis soon and will then begin the process of selecting a vendor for assembly.
I am back from extended medical leave and would like to thank the Board and staff for all their thoughts and messages of support. I will slowly begin resuming normal hours over the next few weeks.
The District would like to again apologize for the technical difficulties and hopes to have them resolved soon. If you would like a copy of the “Draft-Unapproved” minutes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our main office at 541-942-4493.
Stay Safe, Chief Wooten