South Lane County Fire and Rescue News Blog
Now accepting applications for Resident Volunteers
STUDENT VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER/EMT
Applications are available by calling South Lane County Fire and Rescue at (541) 942-4493. Applications are also available here. All applications must be returned at 233 E. Harrison Ave Cottage Grove, OR 97424.
DEADLINE: JUNE 3, 2016 5:00PM
Students receive a tuition/fee stipend for Fire/EMS Associate Degree
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age upon appointment.
* Must possess a valid Oregon State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the functions of a firefighter.
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
High school graduate.
Hazmat Awareness/Operations training.
EMT certification or higher.
BLS CPR card.
Applicants must submit:
1. An accurate and complete application for program participation.
2. Letter of interest
3. Copies of certificates showing completion of minimum education and training requirements.
4. Copies of training records, transcripts or certifications.
Qualified applicants will be ranked based on experience and education. Preference may be given to those applicants with:
1. Previous volunteer experience; and/or
2. Current enrollment in a local college majoring in one of the following disciplines:
a) Fire Science
b) EMT Basic, EMT Intermediate, or Paramedic
More information can be found by visiting http://southlanefire.org/join-us/resident-volunteers , or by visiting us at our Cottage Grove station located at 233 Harrison Ave. Cottage Grove, OR 97424 between 8 AM and 5 PM Monday-Friday.